Tuesday 18 September 2007

Monday 17th September - D Day At Last!

Well today arrived and I made it here safely. Quite what I thought would happen I don't know but it was a hard journey that I was glad to get to the end of.

I went to the hospital really hoping I had made my goal. I waited on the scales with bated breath ( they weigh me in kgs and I had to wait for the conversion). I was disappointed. I was only 1lb short of my goal but I had not made it. I spoke to the dietitian and she was very pleased with me. As I sat there I realised that I still felt positive and I must not let one single little pound put me off this path that I am following so well.

I left the hospital and walked passed the coffee shop with all the cakes and pastries, I walked passed the sweet shop too. I was really proud of myself. Not much of an achievement to a normal person but to me it was amazing. Normally I would have rewarded my weight loss with a cake or sweet.

It was lovely to return to work and to have a normal (diet) lunch. I did not go mad but I had a sandwich, some salad and a yogurt and I really enjoyed every mouthful.

I was not successful in the evening. Having lost 5lbs last week at Weightwatchers I was hopeful of another 5lbs this week. I was therefore disappointed when it was only 2lbs. This still means I have lost 7lbs in two weeks but I must admit I was hoping for more. I therefore went home and moped. I ate toast, crisps and biscuits. None in huge quantities but enough to be cross with myself.

My aim now is to lose another 4lbs as soon as possible so I go into that magic next stone down. I am also determined not to ruin everything this week. I just want to eat as sensibly as possible. I will update you all very soon.

No comments: