Thursday 25 June 2009

Where did the last year go!!

My last post was in May 2008. In June 2008 we decided to put our house up for sale and then the recession hit!! I seem to have spent the best part of a year showing people around my house or looking at other peoples houses.....

It was not a completely wasted year though. In Oct 2008 I joined slimming world and by Christmas I had lost 27lbs (nearly 2 stone). I tried really hard over xmas but still managed to put on 4lbs followed by another 3 over new year. I lost this weight by Feb 14th and then put it on again during a romantic weekend away for Valentines weekend. I then lost it again by Easter and guess what I then celebrated my youngest sons 4th birthday and went away with friends for Easter and back came those 7lbs!!

In May we went away to Butlins and had a fully inclusive breakfast and dinner in the "Yacht Club" - yes you've guessed it, it was no longer 7lbs but nearer to 10lbs now. I have tired and tried since May to lose this weight again but what with problems selling our house and losing the house we wanted to buy my moral and motivation just vanished.

I have this week got myself sorted out and even though we have not sold our house I am going to concentrate on me and try and get to the 28lbs loss which is my 2 stone award and my "Club 10".

I want to thank both my husband and my slimming world collegue (she knows who she is) who both avidly support me. I am going to try very hard and stick to what I know works. I will try and report again next week and not leave it a year this time!!!

No comments: